Aparthotel for sale 11 apartments 2 blocks from Potrero beach bay, Suite Bahia Esmeralda Functioning hotel business Playa Potrero (Guanacaste, Playa Potrero, Guanacaste, CR - 50304) Built

SOLD $995,000.00 USD
A splendid jewel in the exuberant nature

Blue Water Properties Of Costa Rica

Rebecca  Clower Rebecca Clower +506-2653-4668 (Office) (866) 670-0258 (Office) Request More Info

  • A splendid jewel in the exuberant nature of the tropics just 150 meters from Playa Potrero
  • Type: Commercial
  • Style: Single Story
  • Bedrooms: 38
  • Bathrooms: 22
  • Size: 3,000 sq. m.
  • Development Level: Built
  • Lot Size: 5500 sq. m. 5400m
  • Year Built: 1996


The Bahía Esmeralda Hotel opened its first stage in 1996 which includes the following area: Manager's apartment, equipped restaurant kitchen, two bathrooms, reception, storage room, employee room (former laundry), ranch restaurant and the four standard rooms.
The first villa was completed in 1997 (villa no5).
The second stage that includes a villa and the pool was completed in 1998 (villa no6).
The third stage comprising two villas and four apartments was completed in 1999 (apartments 7-8-9-10 and villas 11-12).
The fourth stage includes four apartments completed in 2002 (apartments 13-14-15-16). And the last stage that includes the two suites in 2004 (suite 17 and 18).
In 2022 we had a remodel of 1 of the suites (suite 18) and was converted in 2 triple standard rooms (rooms 18 and 19) and 1 quadruple standard room (room 20).

The whole hotel was built in concrete block, floor and tiles (Italian and Spanish), triple roof (zinc sheet, wood and mud tile), most of the wood used to build the hotel is pochote and cedar. Most are apartments and villas equipped since the project focuses on family and couples tourism.

There is the possibility of building about 250/300 square meters more in the currently empty lot.
Currently the apartments sold are No. 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 13 - 14 - 16 while the villas that are currently sold are No. 6 - 11 - 12.
In total there are 8 owners, of which none of them is living in the facilities.

The villas and apartments that were sold are managed by the hotel administration with very similar contracts between the different owners, they are aware that the hotel is for sale and some are willing to sell their properties.
The hotel works 80% with national clientele of medium high social class, most are families, groups or couples, that is because the hotel was built in several stages and could not be marketing for several years with travel agencies, the remaining 20% of our clients are from different nationalities with predominance to American, Canadian and European tourism.
In recent years the hotel has been marketed with travel agencies and mass mailings to large companies in the country, we have also focused mainly on sales with different OTAS (Booking, Expedia, Hotelbeds, Tripadvisor), social networks (Facebook and Instagram) and rental websites (Airbnb).

As regards the occupation of the hotel, our most busy season is from December 1st till Easter, July and August. At other times of the year, since the focus is national, it is low, which is why our marketing focuses on this time of year. In recent months, several travel agencies are interested in hotels of our category, due to a change in international demand.


Brokered and Advertised by : Flamingo Beach Properties by Summer Coast Realty
Listing Agent: Lindsey Cantillo (506)25374263
Information is deemed to be correct but not guaranteed.